Read this about Bananas!
It will change your opinion of this wonderful fruit.
Bananas are good for:
According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating a banana. This is because bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel better.
eat a banana. The Vitamin B6 it contains regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood.
High in iron, bananas can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anemia.
This unique tropical fruit is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt, making it the perfect way to beat blood pressure. So much so, the US Food and Drug Administration has just allowed the banana industry to make official claims for the fruit's ability to reduce the risk of blood pressure and stroke.
200 students at a Twickenham (Middlesex England) school were helped through their exams this year by eating bananas at breakfast, break, and lunch in a bid to boost their brain power. Research has shown that the potassium-packed fruit can assist learning by making pupils more alert.
High in fiber, so therefore, including bananas in your diet can help restore normal bowel action, helping to overcome the problem without resorting to laxatives.
One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a banana milkshake, sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and, with the help of the honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system.
Bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body, so if you suffer from heartburn, try eating a banana for soothing relief.
Snacking on bananas between meals helps to keep blood sugar levels up and avoid morning sickness
Before reaching for the insect bite cream, try rubbing the affected area with the inside of a banana skin. Many people find it amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation.
Bananas are high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous system.
Overweight and at work?
Studies at the Institute of Psychology in Austria found pressure at work leads to gorging on comfort food like chocolate and chips. Looking at 5,000 hospital patients, researchers found the most obese were more likely to be in high-pressure jobs. The report concluded that, to avoid panic-induced food cravings, we need to control our blood sugar levels by snacking on high carbohydrate foods every two hours to keep levels steady.
The banana is used as the dietary food against intestinal disorders because of its soft texture and smoothness. It is the only raw fruit that can be eaten without distress in over-chronicler cases. It also neutralizes over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach.
Many other cultures see bananas as a "cooling" fruit that can lower both the physical and emotional temperature of expectant mothers.
In Thailand, for example, pregnant women eat bananas to ensure their baby is born with a cool temperature.
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD):Bananas can help SAD sufferers because they contain the natural mood enhancer tryptophan.
Bananas can also help people trying to give up smoking. The B6 and B12 they contain, as well as the potassium and magnesium found in them, help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.
Potassium is a vital mineral which helps normalize the heartbeat, sends oxygen to the brain and regulates your body's water balance. When we are stressed, our metabolic rate rises, thereby reducing our potassium levels. These can be re balanced with the help of a high-potassium banana snack.
According to research in "The New England Journal of Medicine," eating bananas as part of a regular diet can cut the risk of death from strokes by as much as 40%!
So, a banana really is a natural remedy for many ills. When you compare it to an apple, it has four times the protein, twice the carbohydrates, three times the phosphorus, five times the vitamin A and iron, and twice the other vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in potassium and is one of the best value foods around. So maybe its time to change that well-known phrase so that we say, "A banana a day keeps the doctor away!
Helen Pensanti M.D.
Research Info Archives
- 3 Major Health Problems
- 5 Ways to Lose Body Fat
- 7 Edible Weeds
- 7 Steps to Healing
- 10 Foods You Should NEVER EAT!!
- 10 Things You Must Do To Beat Breast Cancer Now
- 10 Ways to Increase Energy
- Age Spots
- Alzheimer's Prevention Plan
- Aloe Vera Freeze Dried Capsules and AloeVera Liquid Concentrate
- Anti-Aging Tips
- Anxiety and Stress
- Arteries Clean
- Baby Boomers and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Bacteria and Viral Infections
- Bananas are healthy!
- Beating Breast Cancer with Nutrition
- Belly Fat
- Beta Glucan
- Beauty of Mathematics
- Bio-Identical VS Synthetic Hormones
- Bladder Infection Help - Parsley Tea
- Blood Clots
- Breast Cancer Inducing Chemicals
- Breast Cancer Profile
- Breast Cancer and Synthetic Hormones
- Buying and Preparing Fresh Fish
- Cancer Prevention Tips - Stay Cancer Proof
- Cancer Protection List - Household Items to Avoid
- Chelation Therapy
- Clustered Water/Healthy Immune System
- Cold Sores
- Cortisol and Weight Loss
- Calories and Calore Counting
- Dark Spots On Bananas - Anti Cancer
- Date Rape Drug Information - GHB
- Dental Problems
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Diabetes Travel Tips
- Diseases Do Not Just Happen
- Dr Helen's 1200 Calorie Diet to lose 45 pounds in 3 months
- Eating Genetically Modified Fruits
- Eliminate "White Poison" From Your Diet
- Estrogen Found in Foods/Herbs/Drugs/Chemicals
- Estrogen Inhibiting Foods
- Fatigue and Loss of Energy
- Five Keys to Restoration
- Food Toxins
- Foot Health
- General Question About Natural Hormones
- Hair growth in unwanted places
- Hair Loss
- Headache Check Lists - Headache Symptoms and Headache Causes
- Healing properties of garlic and onions
- Healing / Water Clusters
- Health Updates
- Healthly Foods Chart for Bone Health
- Healthly Foods Chart
- Healthy Food List
- Healthy Living Recipe Options
- Heart Disease - #1 Cause of Death In America
- Heart Disease and Women - Estrogen does not benefit the heart.
- High Blood Pressure - Hypertension
- Highlights from Dr Abraham's interview at the 6th Annual Anti-Aging Conference
- Holiday Meals
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) linked to Hearing Loss
- Hormone Studies
- Inflammation Reduction
- Insomnia Information
- Keeping Your Liver Healthy
- Laser Vision Correction
- LeAine Dehmer Clinical Skincare Specialist Answers Your Questions
- Long Life and Aging
- Lose 45 Pounds In 3 Months
- Mamograms - Infrared Thermography
- Managing Lactose Intolerance
- Mascular Degeneration
- Men and Progesterone
- Men's Prostate Health
- Microbes in an overweight body are more efficient at extracting calories from food.
- Mind Boosters
- Natural Cancer Treatments
- Natural Progesterone and Blood Pressure/Inflammmation
- Non Toxic Hair Dyes
- Olive Leaf Extract
- Organic Dark Unprocessed Chocolate
- Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Health
- Osteoporosis Prevention
- Osteoporosis - Softening of the Bones
- Overcoming Anxiety and Depression without Drugs!
- Parasitic Infections
- Parkinson's Desease
- Prostate Cancer & PC Spes
- Purify your Home without Poisons Chemicals
- Red Clover; Health Benefits of Isoflavones
- Phosphatidylserine (PS)
- Potassium In The News
- Preserving Your Sight
- Progesterone - Calming Effects
- Progesterone and Breast Cancer Study
- Progesterone, can we use that name?
- Progesterone, does it build up in your fat cells?
- Progestin VS Natural Progesterone
- Phyto-Progesterone is now called Diosgenin
- Recommended Supplements for Anti-Aging
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Seasonal Allergies
- Secret Remedies
- Shaping Children's Eating Habits
- Signs of Estrogen Deficiency
- Signs of Estrogen Excess
- Signs of Progesterone Excess
- Sinus Problems
- Six Types of Mothers
- Soy Foods May Protect the Body from Cancer
- Symptoms of Low Thyroid
- Synthetic Hormones and Breast Cancer
- Testosterone - how women can increase or decrease Testosterone Levels
- Thinning Hair
- Tips for Traveler's Health
- Top Ten Reasons to Get Off Synthetic Hormones
- Toxic Shampoos
- Type II Diabetes - Insulin Resistance
- Vaginal Dryness - High In Oxalate Foods to Avoid
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin Bible and Healthy Tips
- Vitamin D - emphasizing the importance of supplementing with Vitamin D
- Vitamin E - may provide women with protection from breast cancer
- Vitamin K
- Ways to fit fiber in your diet
- Weight Loss
- Wellness Plan
- West Nile Virus
- What to look for in a Biological Dentist
- Why Natural Progesterone is better than Synthetic
- Women and Heart Disease
- Word... Water... Walk...
- Wyeth Pharmaceutical lies in study