Beating Breast Cancer with Nutrition
Dr. Helen Pensanti wishes to thank Dr. Patrick Quillin for his interview and the use of his book, “Beating Cancer with Nutrition.” By the way, this book contains a CD so you can listen to an abridged version of the treatment!
HOW CAN WE BEAT CANCER WITH NUTRITION?
First of all, you need to understand that sugar is a cancer feeder. You can slow cancer growth by lowering the amount of fuel available to the tumor cells. Dr. Quillin states that “Americans have become like humming birds, constantly consuming sweet fluids and foods. Trying to beat cancer while eating a diet that constantly raises blood glucose is like trying to put out a forest fire while someone is throwing gasoline on the trees."
Stop eating sugar! You may develop severe sugar cravings in the beginning, but ignore them and push through the discomfort. Make fish and vegetables your staples with occasional fresh fruit at mixed meals to keep your glucose levels steady. Use cinnamon liberally, as it also stabilizes blood sugar. Take supplements of chromium and magnesium. Eat lots of protein. If you cannot eat solid foods, make a protein shake. This will give you the best chance to beat the disease.
TURBO CHARGE YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM!
Dr. Quillin states, “Your immune system is designed to kill the bad guys and take out the trash.” If you have cancer, something is wrong with your immune system, usually stress, toxins or malnutrition.
Aloe Vera, maitake mushrooms, beta glucan, 1P-6, MGM-3 and essaic tea are all helpful substances to help fight the battle against cancer. Eat whole foods. Dr. Quillin states, “If it will not rot or sprout, throw it out!” Foods should be as close to the natural state as possible. Eat as many colorful vegetables as your colon can tolerate. Shop the perimeter of the grocery store.
Use herbs. Garlic, astragalus, echinacea, goldenseal, licorice, ginseng, gingko and ginger are all helpful in fighting cancer.
Minerals are also important. Most of us are severely deficient of basic minerals. Dr. Quillin suggests buying a good mineral supplement containing liberal amounts of calcium, magnesium, chromium and selenium and taking it DAILY! It is interesting to note that scientists have found that only 200 mcg. of selenium, taken daily can lower cancer incidence by 60%!
Dr. Quillin also recommends a good broad spectrum vitamin supplement containing Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Dr. Pensanti also recommends a daily
dose of aloe vera.
Forty percent of your immune system surrounds the GI tract. You need to keep it healthy and balanced. Probiotics balance the GI tract.
Drinking CLEAN water is also very important. Consider investing $100-$200 in a water filtering system or drink bottled water. Drink enough
so that your urine is nearly clear and has no odor.
Proper breathing can also be a cancer beater. Cancer is anaerobic. Healthy cells are aerobic. Cancer hates well-oxygenated tissues of the body (lung cancer occurs when the tissue is not longer well oxygenated). Breathe deeply ALL the time. Fully expand your lungs when you breathe. Dr. Quillin states, “Belly breathing fully oxygenates your body and makes it less friendly to cancer cells. It is like shining light on a vampire!”
To summarize, we need to change the underlying causes in the body that can cause cancer: poor nutrition (and imbalance of nutrients); stress (lowers body’s protection against cancer); a sedentary lifestyle (not enough oxygenation); and toxins (use of things like pesticides, drugs and synthetic hormones).
THERE IS GOOD NEWS!
The good news is that cancer growth can be slowed or reversed. Don’t give up hope! Copy this cancer show note to use the suggestions in them. For further information and inspiration, consider buying the book “Beating Cancer with Nutrition” by Dr. Philip Quillin.
Helen Pensanti M.D.
Research Info Archives
- 3 Major Health Problems
- 5 Ways to Lose Body Fat
- 7 Edible Weeds
- 7 Steps to Healing
- 10 Foods You Should NEVER EAT!!
- 10 Things You Must Do To Beat Breast Cancer Now
- 10 Ways to Increase Energy
- Age Spots
- Alzheimer's Prevention Plan
- Aloe Vera Freeze Dried Capsules and AloeVera Liquid Concentrate
- Anti-Aging Tips
- Anxiety and Stress
- Arteries Clean
- Baby Boomers and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Bacteria and Viral Infections
- Bananas are healthy!
- Beating Breast Cancer with Nutrition
- Belly Fat
- Beta Glucan
- Beauty of Mathematics
- Bio-Identical VS Synthetic Hormones
- Bladder Infection Help - Parsley Tea
- Blood Clots
- Breast Cancer Inducing Chemicals
- Breast Cancer Profile
- Breast Cancer and Synthetic Hormones
- Buying and Preparing Fresh Fish
- Cancer Prevention Tips - Stay Cancer Proof
- Cancer Protection List - Household Items to Avoid
- Chelation Therapy
- Clustered Water/Healthy Immune System
- Cold Sores
- Cortisol and Weight Loss
- Calories and Calore Counting
- Dark Spots On Bananas - Anti Cancer
- Date Rape Drug Information - GHB
- Dental Problems
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Diabetes Travel Tips
- Diseases Do Not Just Happen
- Dr Helen's 1200 Calorie Diet to lose 45 pounds in 3 months
- Eating Genetically Modified Fruits
- Eliminate "White Poison" From Your Diet
- Estrogen Found in Foods/Herbs/Drugs/Chemicals
- Estrogen Inhibiting Foods
- Fatigue and Loss of Energy
- Five Keys to Restoration
- Food Toxins
- Foot Health
- General Question About Natural Hormones
- Hair growth in unwanted places
- Hair Loss
- Headache Check Lists - Headache Symptoms and Headache Causes
- Healing properties of garlic and onions
- Healing / Water Clusters
- Health Updates
- Healthly Foods Chart for Bone Health
- Healthly Foods Chart
- Healthy Food List
- Healthy Living Recipe Options
- Heart Disease - #1 Cause of Death In America
- Heart Disease and Women - Estrogen does not benefit the heart.
- High Blood Pressure - Hypertension
- Highlights from Dr Abraham's interview at the 6th Annual Anti-Aging Conference
- Holiday Meals
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) linked to Hearing Loss
- Hormone Studies
- Inflammation Reduction
- Insomnia Information
- Keeping Your Liver Healthy
- Laser Vision Correction
- LeAine Dehmer Clinical Skincare Specialist Answers Your Questions
- Long Life and Aging
- Lose 45 Pounds In 3 Months
- Mamograms - Infrared Thermography
- Managing Lactose Intolerance
- Mascular Degeneration
- Men and Progesterone
- Men's Prostate Health
- Microbes in an overweight body are more efficient at extracting calories from food.
- Mind Boosters
- Natural Cancer Treatments
- Natural Progesterone and Blood Pressure/Inflammmation
- Non Toxic Hair Dyes
- Olive Leaf Extract
- Organic Dark Unprocessed Chocolate
- Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Health
- Osteoporosis Prevention
- Osteoporosis - Softening of the Bones
- Overcoming Anxiety and Depression without Drugs!
- Parasitic Infections
- Parkinson's Desease
- Prostate Cancer & PC Spes
- Purify your Home without Poisons Chemicals
- Red Clover; Health Benefits of Isoflavones
- Phosphatidylserine (PS)
- Potassium In The News
- Preserving Your Sight
- Progesterone - Calming Effects
- Progesterone and Breast Cancer Study
- Progesterone, can we use that name?
- Progesterone, does it build up in your fat cells?
- Progestin VS Natural Progesterone
- Phyto-Progesterone is now called Diosgenin
- Recommended Supplements for Anti-Aging
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Seasonal Allergies
- Secret Remedies
- Shaping Children's Eating Habits
- Signs of Estrogen Deficiency
- Signs of Estrogen Excess
- Signs of Progesterone Excess
- Sinus Problems
- Six Types of Mothers
- Soy Foods May Protect the Body from Cancer
- Symptoms of Low Thyroid
- Synthetic Hormones and Breast Cancer
- Testosterone - how women can increase or decrease Testosterone Levels
- Thinning Hair
- Tips for Traveler's Health
- Top Ten Reasons to Get Off Synthetic Hormones
- Toxic Shampoos
- Type II Diabetes - Insulin Resistance
- Vaginal Dryness - High In Oxalate Foods to Avoid
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin Bible and Healthy Tips
- Vitamin D - emphasizing the importance of supplementing with Vitamin D
- Vitamin E - may provide women with protection from breast cancer
- Vitamin K
- Ways to fit fiber in your diet
- Weight Loss
- Wellness Plan
- West Nile Virus
- What to look for in a Biological Dentist
- Why Natural Progesterone is better than Synthetic
- Women and Heart Disease
- Word... Water... Walk...
- Wyeth Pharmaceutical lies in study