There is a little "bruhaha" going on between the pharmaceutical industry and those of us that are selling natural progesterone creams. I want to set the record straight so that there will be no confusion in your minds.
Many of you have been following me since the early days on TBN. Back in 1990, I began telling as many women as I could to go off of Synthetic Hormones for Menopause because I saw the "handwriting on the wall" that synthetic hormones were causing cancer, stroke, heart attacks etc.
This grass roots movement of switching off of synthetic hormones and starting "natural progesterone" caused the pharmaceutical industry to lose billions of dollars.
All has been well until recently. Well, I am getting ahead of myself. Let us start with the facts so that you will know the truth.
Facts About Natural Progesterone Cream:
- 25 BC Mexican Wild Yam is mentioned in the chinese PEN TSAO CHING as a highly valued herb.
- 14th Century England women used mistletoe berries (diosgenin) and made a tea of some sort and called it "All
Heal" and used it for various female disorders.
- 18th and 19th centuries was used for menstrual cramps and other female related disorders.
- In 1936 Japanese scientists extracted Diosgenin out of the Wild Mexican Yam Plant, began studying it, and eventually it was turned into "Birth Control Pills"
What is in this Wild Mexican Yam Plant that makes it so attractive?
DIOSGENIN… a plant chemical found in several plant species.
This Diosgenin is part of a group of chemicals called SAPONINS.
What is so special about DIOSGENIN
Diosgenin is bio-identical to the progesterone that is secreted by a healthy female ovary. It is a plant version of the human female version of progesterone.
Extract of Wild Mexican Yam is available in many forms including capsules, creams and gels. They pass easily and quickly through the skin and therefore topical application in cream form is most often recommended. Drops and sub-lingual tablets (that dissolve under the tongue) are also common . Tablets that have to be swallowed are to be avoided because the active ingredients are broken down in the passage through digestive system.
So, back when this grass roots movement started, this DIOSGENIN was commonly called or nick named "natural progesterone". This went on for years, and using the real word of Diosgenin was lost in our common language.
When the Pharmaceutical Industry decided to fight back they came up with a really good plan. "Let's use the law in California called Proposition 65 to shut down these upstarts trying to sell "Natural Progesterone."
They are using a law that is forcing anyone using the name Progesterone to state that it is cancer causing as per the PDR. ( Physician's Desk Reference).
Well the truth is we are not selling progesterone per say. We are selling Diosgenin.
We should never have used the nick name of "Natural Progesterone" from the beginning. We should have told women the truth. That what we were giving them was DIOSGENIN. And that is the truth!
So, in the future you will see Diosgenin on all my labels for my Bio-Identical Phyto-Progesterone Cremes. Just remember that it's nick name or common name is Natural Progesterone, but, we will not be allowed to call it that any longer.
So Remember - Natural Progesterone is also known as Diosgenin
Helen Pensanti M.D.
Research Info Archives
- 3 Major Health Problems
- 5 Ways to Lose Body Fat
- 7 Edible Weeds
- 7 Steps to Healing
- 10 Foods You Should NEVER EAT!!
- 10 Things You Must Do To Beat Breast Cancer Now
- 10 Ways to Increase Energy
- Age Spots
- Alzheimer's Prevention Plan
- Aloe Vera Freeze Dried Capsules and AloeVera Liquid Concentrate
- Anti-Aging Tips
- Anxiety and Stress
- Arteries Clean
- Baby Boomers and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Bacteria and Viral Infections
- Bananas are healthy!
- Beating Breast Cancer with Nutrition
- Belly Fat
- Beta Glucan
- Beauty of Mathematics
- Bio-Identical VS Synthetic Hormones
- Bladder Infection Help - Parsley Tea
- Blood Clots
- Breast Cancer Inducing Chemicals
- Breast Cancer Profile
- Breast Cancer and Synthetic Hormones
- Buying and Preparing Fresh Fish
- Cancer Prevention Tips - Stay Cancer Proof
- Cancer Protection List - Household Items to Avoid
- Chelation Therapy
- Clustered Water/Healthy Immune System
- Cold Sores
- Cortisol and Weight Loss
- Calories and Calore Counting
- Dark Spots On Bananas - Anti Cancer
- Date Rape Drug Information - GHB
- Dental Problems
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Diabetes Travel Tips
- Diseases Do Not Just Happen
- Dr Helen's 1200 Calorie Diet to lose 45 pounds in 3 months
- Eating Genetically Modified Fruits
- Eliminate "White Poison" From Your Diet
- Estrogen Found in Foods/Herbs/Drugs/Chemicals
- Estrogen Inhibiting Foods
- Fatigue and Loss of Energy
- Five Keys to Restoration
- Food Toxins
- Foot Health
- General Question About Natural Hormones
- Hair growth in unwanted places
- Hair Loss
- Headache Check Lists - Headache Symptoms and Headache Causes
- Healing properties of garlic and onions
- Healing / Water Clusters
- Health Updates
- Healthly Foods Chart for Bone Health
- Healthly Foods Chart
- Healthy Food List
- Healthy Living Recipe Options
- Heart Disease - #1 Cause of Death In America
- Heart Disease and Women - Estrogen does not benefit the heart.
- High Blood Pressure - Hypertension
- Highlights from Dr Abraham's interview at the 6th Annual Anti-Aging Conference
- Holiday Meals
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) linked to Hearing Loss
- Hormone Studies
- Inflammation Reduction
- Insomnia Information
- Keeping Your Liver Healthy
- Laser Vision Correction
- LeAine Dehmer Clinical Skincare Specialist Answers Your Questions
- Long Life and Aging
- Lose 45 Pounds In 3 Months
- Mamograms - Infrared Thermography
- Managing Lactose Intolerance
- Mascular Degeneration
- Men and Progesterone
- Men's Prostate Health
- Microbes in an overweight body are more efficient at extracting calories from food.
- Mind Boosters
- Natural Cancer Treatments
- Natural Progesterone and Blood Pressure/Inflammmation
- Non Toxic Hair Dyes
- Olive Leaf Extract
- Organic Dark Unprocessed Chocolate
- Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Health
- Osteoporosis Prevention
- Osteoporosis - Softening of the Bones
- Overcoming Anxiety and Depression without Drugs!
- Parasitic Infections
- Parkinson's Desease
- Prostate Cancer & PC Spes
- Purify your Home without Poisons Chemicals
- Red Clover; Health Benefits of Isoflavones
- Phosphatidylserine (PS)
- Potassium In The News
- Preserving Your Sight
- Progesterone - Calming Effects
- Progesterone and Breast Cancer Study
- Progesterone, can we use that name?
- Progesterone, does it build up in your fat cells?
- Progestin VS Natural Progesterone
- Phyto-Progesterone is now called Diosgenin
- Recommended Supplements for Anti-Aging
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Seasonal Allergies
- Secret Remedies
- Shaping Children's Eating Habits
- Signs of Estrogen Deficiency
- Signs of Estrogen Excess
- Signs of Progesterone Excess
- Sinus Problems
- Six Types of Mothers
- Soy Foods May Protect the Body from Cancer
- Symptoms of Low Thyroid
- Synthetic Hormones and Breast Cancer
- Testosterone - how women can increase or decrease Testosterone Levels
- Thinning Hair
- Tips for Traveler's Health
- Top Ten Reasons to Get Off Synthetic Hormones
- Toxic Shampoos
- Type II Diabetes - Insulin Resistance
- Vaginal Dryness - High In Oxalate Foods to Avoid
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin Bible and Healthy Tips
- Vitamin D - emphasizing the importance of supplementing with Vitamin D
- Vitamin E - may provide women with protection from breast cancer
- Vitamin K
- Ways to fit fiber in your diet
- Weight Loss
- Wellness Plan
- West Nile Virus
- What to look for in a Biological Dentist
- Why Natural Progesterone is better than Synthetic
- Women and Heart Disease
- Word... Water... Walk...
- Wyeth Pharmaceutical lies in study