David Wood, M.D.
Simply explained, hepatitis is an inflammatory condition of the liver, which may result in damage or death (necrosis) to the liver cell (hepatocyte). The most frequent cause of hepatitis is from viral infections. Viral hepatitis A (formerly called infectious hepatitis) is thought to be spread by virus from an infected person's feces, directly or indirectly contaminating food, water or someone else's fingers. Viral hepatitis B (formerly known as serum hepatitis because it was spread by blood transfusions) is mainly sexually transmitted by a mechanism in which the infected person's blood is inoculated into someone else (i.e., ear piercing, razor sharing, or needle sharing).
Hepatitis may also be caused by drugs, chemicals, poisons, bacteria, fungi, protozoa, worms, spirochetes, and Epstein-Barr or cytomegalovirus.
Hepatitis is either acute, which is of limited duration, or chronic, which is continuing.
Chronic hepatitis results when a person fails to fully recover from acute hepatitis. This leads to continued inflammation resulting in extensive liver damage. Chronic hepatitis may develop over the years without having had an acute attack.
Symptoms: Acute hepatitis begins with flu-like symptoms. The patient complains of nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, joint pain, muscle aches, and tenderness in the upper right abdominal region. The most obvious sign of acute hepatitis is jaundice (icteric phase) which is preceded by the appearance of very dark urine 3 to 10 days after onset of the first symptoms. At this point the symptoms begin to regress, the patient feels much better, and the jaundice gets worse.
The symptoms of chronic hepatitis are just a very vague feeling of being ill. It may go undetected until it is discovered during physical examination as being hepatomegaly or enlarged liver.
SUGGESTED NUTRIENTS & HERBS FOR HEALTHY LIVER FUNCTION:
Green Tea: Has shown in clinical trials to be anti-carcinogenic, anti-mutagenic, cardio-protective, and free radical scavenging. Has shown a major anti-tumor effect. Drinking 2-3 cups of Green Tea daily has shown an ability to decrease total serum cholesterol levels and offer extra protection against cardio-vascular disease and liver disorders.
Milk Thistle: (silybum marianum) According to medical literature, this herb has been used successfully in treating hepatitis and reversing liver damage caused by cirrhosis, drugs and toxins without side effects. Has been shown to be conclusively liver protective and regenerative. Is also effective against chronic liver cirrhosis, necroses and hepatitis A and B.
Choline: Prevents fats from accumulating in the liver and facilitates the movement of fats into the cells. Choline combines with fatty acids and phosphoric acid within the liver to form lecithin. It improves liver and gallbladder function and helps prevent gallstones.
Magnesium: Has been shown to enhance enzymatic activity in the liver.
OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT:
Clinical data has shown one of the active components in olive leaf (Olea europoea) to be extraordinarily virucidal and bactericidal on dozens of viruses and bacteria. It appears to interfere with viral infection and/or spread by directly inactivating the virus or by preventing virus shedding, budding or assembly at the cell membrane. It is apparently able to directly penetrate infected host cells and irreversibly inhibit viral replication. The adverse side effects associated with may antibiotic drugs have not been seen with olive leaf extract.. Doctors who have used the olive leaf preparation report positive results in patients with herpes, colds, flu, bladder infections and chronic fatigue. Some patients have reported improvement in symptoms of allergy, asthma and even vaginal yeast infections.
God Bless You and Thank You for Watching Doctor to Doctor. We Hope These Show Notes Are A Blessing To You!
We are also sending some other information you might enjoy or wish to pass along.
BUY NOW: »
Hepaglycyrrhizi Promotes healthy liver function.
Olive Leaf Extract Helps maintain a normal blood pressure, viruses & bacteria.
Choline Keeping cell membranes healthy and fighting infections, including hepatitis.
Helen Pensanti M.D.
Research Info Archives
- 3 Major Health Problems
- 5 Ways to Lose Body Fat
- 7 Edible Weeds
- 7 Steps to Healing
- 10 Foods You Should NEVER EAT!!
- 10 Things You Must Do To Beat Breast Cancer Now
- 10 Ways to Increase Energy
- Age Spots
- Alzheimer's Prevention Plan
- Aloe Vera Freeze Dried Capsules and AloeVera Liquid Concentrate
- Anti-Aging Tips
- Anxiety and Stress
- Arteries Clean
- Baby Boomers and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Bacteria and Viral Infections
- Bananas are healthy!
- Beating Breast Cancer with Nutrition
- Belly Fat
- Beta Glucan
- Beauty of Mathematics
- Bio-Identical VS Synthetic Hormones
- Bladder Infection Help - Parsley Tea
- Blood Clots
- Breast Cancer Inducing Chemicals
- Breast Cancer Profile
- Breast Cancer and Synthetic Hormones
- Buying and Preparing Fresh Fish
- Cancer Prevention Tips - Stay Cancer Proof
- Cancer Protection List - Household Items to Avoid
- Chelation Therapy
- Clustered Water/Healthy Immune System
- Cold Sores
- Cortisol and Weight Loss
- Calories and Calore Counting
- Dark Spots On Bananas - Anti Cancer
- Date Rape Drug Information - GHB
- Dental Problems
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Diabetes Travel Tips
- Diseases Do Not Just Happen
- Dr Helen's 1200 Calorie Diet to lose 45 pounds in 3 months
- Eating Genetically Modified Fruits
- Eliminate "White Poison" From Your Diet
- Estrogen Found in Foods/Herbs/Drugs/Chemicals
- Estrogen Inhibiting Foods
- Fatigue and Loss of Energy
- Five Keys to Restoration
- Food Toxins
- Foot Health
- General Question About Natural Hormones
- Hair growth in unwanted places
- Hair Loss
- Headache Check Lists - Headache Symptoms and Headache Causes
- Healing properties of garlic and onions
- Healing / Water Clusters
- Health Updates
- Healthly Foods Chart for Bone Health
- Healthly Foods Chart
- Healthy Food List
- Healthy Living Recipe Options
- Heart Disease - #1 Cause of Death In America
- Heart Disease and Women - Estrogen does not benefit the heart.
- High Blood Pressure - Hypertension
- Highlights from Dr Abraham's interview at the 6th Annual Anti-Aging Conference
- Holiday Meals
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) linked to Hearing Loss
- Hormone Studies
- Inflammation Reduction
- Insomnia Information
- Keeping Your Liver Healthy
- Laser Vision Correction
- LeAine Dehmer Clinical Skincare Specialist Answers Your Questions
- Long Life and Aging
- Lose 45 Pounds In 3 Months
- Mamograms - Infrared Thermography
- Managing Lactose Intolerance
- Mascular Degeneration
- Men and Progesterone
- Men's Prostate Health
- Microbes in an overweight body are more efficient at extracting calories from food.
- Mind Boosters
- Natural Cancer Treatments
- Natural Progesterone and Blood Pressure/Inflammmation
- Non Toxic Hair Dyes
- Olive Leaf Extract
- Organic Dark Unprocessed Chocolate
- Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Health
- Osteoporosis Prevention
- Osteoporosis - Softening of the Bones
- Overcoming Anxiety and Depression without Drugs!
- Parasitic Infections
- Parkinson's Desease
- Prostate Cancer & PC Spes
- Purify your Home without Poisons Chemicals
- Red Clover; Health Benefits of Isoflavones
- Phosphatidylserine (PS)
- Potassium In The News
- Preserving Your Sight
- Progesterone - Calming Effects
- Progesterone and Breast Cancer Study
- Progesterone, can we use that name?
- Progesterone, does it build up in your fat cells?
- Progestin VS Natural Progesterone
- Phyto-Progesterone is now called Diosgenin
- Recommended Supplements for Anti-Aging
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Seasonal Allergies
- Secret Remedies
- Shaping Children's Eating Habits
- Signs of Estrogen Deficiency
- Signs of Estrogen Excess
- Signs of Progesterone Excess
- Sinus Problems
- Six Types of Mothers
- Soy Foods May Protect the Body from Cancer
- Symptoms of Low Thyroid
- Synthetic Hormones and Breast Cancer
- Testosterone - how women can increase or decrease Testosterone Levels
- Thinning Hair
- Tips for Traveler's Health
- Top Ten Reasons to Get Off Synthetic Hormones
- Toxic Shampoos
- Type II Diabetes - Insulin Resistance
- Vaginal Dryness - High In Oxalate Foods to Avoid
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin Bible and Healthy Tips
- Vitamin D - emphasizing the importance of supplementing with Vitamin D
- Vitamin E - may provide women with protection from breast cancer
- Vitamin K
- Ways to fit fiber in your diet
- Weight Loss
- Wellness Plan
- West Nile Virus
- What to look for in a Biological Dentist
- Why Natural Progesterone is better than Synthetic
- Women and Heart Disease
- Word... Water... Walk...
- Wyeth Pharmaceutical lies in study