Dr. John Lee
General Question About Natural Hormones
WHY ARE SO MANY WOMEN ESTROGEN DOMINANT?
Today, many women over the age of 35 are producing only 50% of the progesterone their mothers produced.
This is due to :
- Stress: Cortisol alters what message the brain sends to the ovaries.
- Diet: Highly processed "exhausted" food does not give the body the complex nutrients it needs to function optimally.
- Xenoestrogens: These are "foreign" estrogens that are found in pesticides, herbicides, plastics, salad dressings, etc. They damage the developing follicles of the fetus and cause problems in the future. Women produce less progesterone and men produce less sperm than they should.
- The worst side effects of estrogen dominance include: breast cancer, osteoporosis and infertility.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN SYMPTOMS OF ESTROGEN DOMINANCE?
- Decreased energy Depression/Anxiety/Agitation Memory Loss
- Low libido Fat Gain Mood Swings
- Headaches Fibrocystic Breasts Osteoporosis
- Lack of energy Hair Loss PMS
- Breast swelling Inability to Focus Sluggish Metabolism
- Frequent illness Insomnia Water retention/bloating
ESTROGEN LEVELS DO NOT FALL TO ZERO AFTER MENOPAUSE
Many menopausal women have had estrogen dominance. Mainstream medical doctors give these women estrogen without progesterone. This gives them hyperplasia. This leads to a D & C which leads to an unnecessary hysterectomy.
For menopausal symptoms, try natural progesterone for 3 months. If no relief, add a natural estrogen product. The progesterone may stimulate your estrogen receptor sites which have been tuned down by the body to prevent estrogen dominance. Restimulating them may help decrease hot flashes, insomnia, and vaginal dryness
DOES ESTROGEN PROTECT THE HEART?
Past studies did not compare equal groups of women. A recent study showed that after 5 1/2 years, there was no difference in heart attacks between women two took estrogen and women who did not.
PROGESTERONE HAS BENEFITS TO THE HEART
- Prevents coronary arteries from going into spasm. (Synthetic progestins like Provera
actually cause spasm).
- Prevents build-up in the coronary arteries.
- Blocks the adverse effects of stress
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO MEASURE HORMONE LEVELS?
Serum blood tests measure only the amount of progesterone that is bound to protein. Of this, only 5% is usable by the body, so this is an inaccurate number. Progesterone is fat soluble, so it does not mix with serum. A saliva test will measure the amount of progesterone that is actually available to the body.
You may be making enough progesterone but are under stress and making cortisol which actually causes a blockade of the progesterone. You become estrogen dominant. Breasts often swell (retaining water intracellularly) Augment with natural Progesterone
Exact cause is unknown. They grow faster when a woman is estrogen dominant. If not too large and causing pressure on the bladder, use natural progesterone. They will usually decrease 15 - 20% in 6-12 months. After menopause, they will atrophy.
FIBROCYSTIC BREAST DISEASE/PAINFUL BREASTS
Go off birth control pills! Take natural progesterone day 12-26 of your cycle. Start with a little dab and they go higher (crescendo effect) Results occur in about 3 months.
In older women, you may have hyerplasia. Check with your physician.
Younger women, you are probably making more estrogen (the hormone that builds up the bloody lining, Progesterone holds it in place) Either the progesterone quit too soon causing early bleeding or you were estrogen dominant which extends the time.
Cycle progesterone from day 12 - 26 in regular rhythm. When you quit the progesterone your period follows
CRAMPING / CLOTTING
Clotting is caused by blood that was not shed properly (not enough progesterone) The blood stays behind and comes out in the next cycle. Add
Cramping is due to estrogen dominance. This increases endometrial cells which can work up into the wall of the uterus and become very painful because the blood stays in the muscle and has an inflammatory effect. Restore progesterone which keeps the endometrial build-up inside the uterus.
Thyroid function often improves when natural progesterone is used as progesterone works with the thyroid hormone.
Progesterone helps combat cortisol interference and can help restore energy levels.
The prostate is the male version of the uterus. Just as Progesterone helps protect against uterine cancer, it also helps protect against prostate cancer. Men over 50 should consider supplementing with natural progesterone.
BUY NOW: » Helen Pensanti M.D. - Bioidentical Diosgenin
Helen Pensanti M.D.
Research Info Archives
- 3 Major Health Problems
- 5 Ways to Lose Body Fat
- 7 Edible Weeds
- 7 Steps to Healing
- 10 Foods You Should NEVER EAT!!
- 10 Things You Must Do To Beat Breast Cancer Now
- 10 Ways to Increase Energy
- Age Spots
- Alzheimer's Prevention Plan
- Aloe Vera Freeze Dried Capsules and AloeVera Liquid Concentrate
- Anti-Aging Tips
- Anxiety and Stress
- Arteries Clean
- Baby Boomers and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Bacteria and Viral Infections
- Bananas are healthy!
- Beating Breast Cancer with Nutrition
- Belly Fat
- Beta Glucan
- Beauty of Mathematics
- Bio-Identical VS Synthetic Hormones
- Bladder Infection Help - Parsley Tea
- Blood Clots
- Breast Cancer Inducing Chemicals
- Breast Cancer Profile
- Breast Cancer and Synthetic Hormones
- Buying and Preparing Fresh Fish
- Cancer Prevention Tips - Stay Cancer Proof
- Cancer Protection List - Household Items to Avoid
- Chelation Therapy
- Clustered Water/Healthy Immune System
- Cold Sores
- Cortisol and Weight Loss
- Calories and Calore Counting
- Dark Spots On Bananas - Anti Cancer
- Date Rape Drug Information - GHB
- Dental Problems
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Diabetes Travel Tips
- Diseases Do Not Just Happen
- Dr Helen's 1200 Calorie Diet to lose 45 pounds in 3 months
- Eating Genetically Modified Fruits
- Eliminate "White Poison" From Your Diet
- Estrogen Found in Foods/Herbs/Drugs/Chemicals
- Estrogen Inhibiting Foods
- Fatigue and Loss of Energy
- Five Keys to Restoration
- Food Toxins
- Foot Health
- General Question About Natural Hormones
- Hair growth in unwanted places
- Hair Loss
- Headache Check Lists - Headache Symptoms and Headache Causes
- Healing properties of garlic and onions
- Healing / Water Clusters
- Health Updates
- Healthly Foods Chart for Bone Health
- Healthly Foods Chart
- Healthy Food List
- Healthy Living Recipe Options
- Heart Disease - #1 Cause of Death In America
- Heart Disease and Women - Estrogen does not benefit the heart.
- High Blood Pressure - Hypertension
- Highlights from Dr Abraham's interview at the 6th Annual Anti-Aging Conference
- Holiday Meals
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) linked to Hearing Loss
- Hormone Studies
- Inflammation Reduction
- Insomnia Information
- Keeping Your Liver Healthy
- Laser Vision Correction
- LeAine Dehmer Clinical Skincare Specialist Answers Your Questions
- Long Life and Aging
- Lose 45 Pounds In 3 Months
- Mamograms - Infrared Thermography
- Managing Lactose Intolerance
- Mascular Degeneration
- Men and Progesterone
- Men's Prostate Health
- Microbes in an overweight body are more efficient at extracting calories from food.
- Mind Boosters
- Natural Cancer Treatments
- Natural Progesterone and Blood Pressure/Inflammmation
- Non Toxic Hair Dyes
- Olive Leaf Extract
- Organic Dark Unprocessed Chocolate
- Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Health
- Osteoporosis Prevention
- Osteoporosis - Softening of the Bones
- Overcoming Anxiety and Depression without Drugs!
- Parasitic Infections
- Parkinson's Desease
- Prostate Cancer & PC Spes
- Purify your Home without Poisons Chemicals
- Red Clover; Health Benefits of Isoflavones
- Phosphatidylserine (PS)
- Potassium In The News
- Preserving Your Sight
- Progesterone - Calming Effects
- Progesterone and Breast Cancer Study
- Progesterone, can we use that name?
- Progesterone, does it build up in your fat cells?
- Progestin VS Natural Progesterone
- Phyto-Progesterone is now called Diosgenin
- Recommended Supplements for Anti-Aging
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Seasonal Allergies
- Secret Remedies
- Shaping Children's Eating Habits
- Signs of Estrogen Deficiency
- Signs of Estrogen Excess
- Signs of Progesterone Excess
- Sinus Problems
- Six Types of Mothers
- Soy Foods May Protect the Body from Cancer
- Symptoms of Low Thyroid
- Synthetic Hormones and Breast Cancer
- Testosterone - how women can increase or decrease Testosterone Levels
- Thinning Hair
- Tips for Traveler's Health
- Top Ten Reasons to Get Off Synthetic Hormones
- Toxic Shampoos
- Type II Diabetes - Insulin Resistance
- Vaginal Dryness - High In Oxalate Foods to Avoid
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin Bible and Healthy Tips
- Vitamin D - emphasizing the importance of supplementing with Vitamin D
- Vitamin E - may provide women with protection from breast cancer
- Vitamin K
- Ways to fit fiber in your diet
- Weight Loss
- Wellness Plan
- West Nile Virus
- What to look for in a Biological Dentist
- Why Natural Progesterone is better than Synthetic
- Women and Heart Disease
- Word... Water... Walk...
- Wyeth Pharmaceutical lies in study