Dr. Earl Mindell
Dr. Earl Mindell is a registered pharmacist, a master herbalist and a professor of nutrition at Pacific Western University in Los Angeles. He is a best-selling author and conducts nutrition seminars around the world.
MSM (methyl sulfinite methane)
An organic sulfur. Bonds with allergens so that they pass through the system.
Take a 1000 mg. tab. twice daily. Look for pharmaceutical grade which means it is 99.9% pure. Look for a tablet with Vitamin C complex added to it if possible for better absorption. It also comes in a lotion for use on skin rashes. Can be applied 3 times daily.
ARTHRITIS / JOINT PROBLEMS:
A double blind study recently completed in Europe/Asia has shown an herbal extract called Xinaxin to be very effective both
long term and short term. This is a subspecies of ginger which has no known side effects or toxicity. It can therefore be taken with other medications.
Dosage is 1 capsule per day for about 60 days.
Other remedies include:
GLA (found in borage oil)
Glucosamine Sulfate to stimulate cartilage repair 500 mg. daily
Bromelain: 500 mg. twice daily Omega 3 fatty acids 1000 mg. 3 x day
A combination of glucosamine sulfate 500 mg. and a silica supplement will strengthen nails in as little as one week.
For mild depression, St. John's wort 3 x day Gingko biloba 60 mg. up to 3 times daily, 1000 mg. Omega-3 fatty acids up to 3 times
daily. Time-release Vitamin B.
WILL HELP EMOTIONAL EATERS, TOO!
Gingko Biloba - take 2 60 mg. capsules or tablets twice daily. If you have headaches that are preceded by auras, place a headband tightly around your forehead for a few seconds. This may actually prevent the migraine from occurring.
Decrease saturated fat (solid at room temp.)
Vitamin E 800 i.u. daily
Co-Enzyme Q10 (strengthens the heart muscle) 100-300 mg. daily
Garlic One 500 mg. raw,aged odorless garlic/day
Vitamin E & C following a fatty meal helps dilate the blood vessels.
IMMUNE SYSTEM WEAKNESS:
Vitamin E 400 i.u. daily, Vitamin C 1000 mg. daily (Calcium ascorbate is best absorbed form)
Echinacea 500 mg. 1-3 times a day for 2 weeks. Discontinue for 2 weeks, then resume. (If overused, the beneficial effects will wear off)
Astralagus 400 mg., 1-3 capsules daily.
Gingko Biloba 60 mg. 3 times daily, Soy Lecithin (contains neuro-transmitters), Phosphatidyl choline (brings blood to the brain) 1 capsule 2-3 times daily.
Co-enzyme Q10 30-100 mg daily, 400 i.u. Vitamin E, 1000 mg calcium, 100 mg Vitamin C daily.
Vitamin E 800 i.u. daily, Vitamin C serum applied to face daily, Nucleic acids (RNA & DNA) 100 mg of each daily.
DR. MINDELL'S BOOK, SECRET REMEDIES, IS AVAILABLE AT ALL MAJOR BOOK STORES FOR $12.00.
Helen Pensanti M.D.
Research Info Archives
- 3 Major Health Problems
- 5 Ways to Lose Body Fat
- 7 Edible Weeds
- 7 Steps to Healing
- 10 Foods You Should NEVER EAT!!
- 10 Things You Must Do To Beat Breast Cancer Now
- 10 Ways to Increase Energy
- Age Spots
- Alzheimer's Prevention Plan
- Aloe Vera Freeze Dried Capsules and AloeVera Liquid Concentrate
- Anti-Aging Tips
- Anxiety and Stress
- Arteries Clean
- Baby Boomers and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Bacteria and Viral Infections
- Bananas are healthy!
- Beating Breast Cancer with Nutrition
- Belly Fat
- Beta Glucan
- Beauty of Mathematics
- Bio-Identical VS Synthetic Hormones
- Bladder Infection Help - Parsley Tea
- Blood Clots
- Breast Cancer Inducing Chemicals
- Breast Cancer Profile
- Breast Cancer and Synthetic Hormones
- Buying and Preparing Fresh Fish
- Cancer Prevention Tips - Stay Cancer Proof
- Cancer Protection List - Household Items to Avoid
- Chelation Therapy
- Clustered Water/Healthy Immune System
- Cold Sores
- Cortisol and Weight Loss
- Calories and Calore Counting
- Dark Spots On Bananas - Anti Cancer
- Date Rape Drug Information - GHB
- Dental Problems
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Diabetes Travel Tips
- Diseases Do Not Just Happen
- Dr Helen's 1200 Calorie Diet to lose 45 pounds in 3 months
- Eating Genetically Modified Fruits
- Eliminate "White Poison" From Your Diet
- Estrogen Found in Foods/Herbs/Drugs/Chemicals
- Estrogen Inhibiting Foods
- Fatigue and Loss of Energy
- Five Keys to Restoration
- Food Toxins
- Foot Health
- General Question About Natural Hormones
- Hair growth in unwanted places
- Hair Loss
- Headache Check Lists - Headache Symptoms and Headache Causes
- Healing properties of garlic and onions
- Healing / Water Clusters
- Health Updates
- Healthly Foods Chart for Bone Health
- Healthly Foods Chart
- Healthy Food List
- Healthy Living Recipe Options
- Heart Disease - #1 Cause of Death In America
- Heart Disease and Women - Estrogen does not benefit the heart.
- High Blood Pressure - Hypertension
- Highlights from Dr Abraham's interview at the 6th Annual Anti-Aging Conference
- Holiday Meals
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) linked to Hearing Loss
- Hormone Studies
- Inflammation Reduction
- Insomnia Information
- Keeping Your Liver Healthy
- Laser Vision Correction
- LeAine Dehmer Clinical Skincare Specialist Answers Your Questions
- Long Life and Aging
- Lose 45 Pounds In 3 Months
- Mamograms - Infrared Thermography
- Managing Lactose Intolerance
- Mascular Degeneration
- Men and Progesterone
- Men's Prostate Health
- Microbes in an overweight body are more efficient at extracting calories from food.
- Mind Boosters
- Natural Cancer Treatments
- Natural Progesterone and Blood Pressure/Inflammmation
- Non Toxic Hair Dyes
- Olive Leaf Extract
- Organic Dark Unprocessed Chocolate
- Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Health
- Osteoporosis Prevention
- Osteoporosis - Softening of the Bones
- Overcoming Anxiety and Depression without Drugs!
- Parasitic Infections
- Parkinson's Desease
- Prostate Cancer & PC Spes
- Purify your Home without Poisons Chemicals
- Red Clover; Health Benefits of Isoflavones
- Phosphatidylserine (PS)
- Potassium In The News
- Preserving Your Sight
- Progesterone - Calming Effects
- Progesterone and Breast Cancer Study
- Progesterone, can we use that name?
- Progesterone, does it build up in your fat cells?
- Progestin VS Natural Progesterone
- Phyto-Progesterone is now called Diosgenin
- Recommended Supplements for Anti-Aging
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Seasonal Allergies
- Secret Remedies
- Shaping Children's Eating Habits
- Signs of Estrogen Deficiency
- Signs of Estrogen Excess
- Signs of Progesterone Excess
- Sinus Problems
- Six Types of Mothers
- Soy Foods May Protect the Body from Cancer
- Symptoms of Low Thyroid
- Synthetic Hormones and Breast Cancer
- Testosterone - how women can increase or decrease Testosterone Levels
- Thinning Hair
- Tips for Traveler's Health
- Top Ten Reasons to Get Off Synthetic Hormones
- Toxic Shampoos
- Type II Diabetes - Insulin Resistance
- Vaginal Dryness - High In Oxalate Foods to Avoid
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin Bible and Healthy Tips
- Vitamin D - emphasizing the importance of supplementing with Vitamin D
- Vitamin E - may provide women with protection from breast cancer
- Vitamin K
- Ways to fit fiber in your diet
- Weight Loss
- Wellness Plan
- West Nile Virus
- What to look for in a Biological Dentist
- Why Natural Progesterone is better than Synthetic
- Women and Heart Disease
- Word... Water... Walk...
- Wyeth Pharmaceutical lies in study