Dr. Earl Mindell
Soy Foods May Protect the Body from Cancer
Earl Mindell, R.PH., Ph.D., is a registered pharmacist, a master herbalist and a professor of nutrition at Pacific
Western University in Los Angeles. He is a best-selling author and conducts nutrition seminars around the world.
HOW ADDING SOY FOODS TO YOUR DIET MAY PROTECT YOU AGAINST PROSTATE AND BREAST CANCER, OSTEOPOROSIS, AND CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE.
Studies show that people who eat at least 4 oz of soy daily have:
* 80% less breast cancer
* 50% less incidence of hip fracture. Osteoporosis is not inevitable!!!
* Almost insignificant incidence of prostate/uterine cancer
Soybeans contains Isoflavones, Genistein, Protease Inhibitors (anti-carcinogens) and Phytic Acids. They are also a wonderful source of Vitamin E. Because soy has phytoestrogenic effects, there is no word in the Japanese language for hot flashes!
Soy in your diet can also lower cholesterol levels up to 20% in one month! It raises the good cholesterol which takes fat from the artery walls and passes it through your system.
TIP FROM DR. PENSANTI:
A recent study showed that 800 units of natural vitamin E plus 90-100 mg. of CoEnzyme Q-10 helped to lower cholesterol rates in study participants.
Co-Q-10 also lowers the risk of heart attack.
HOW CAN YOU GET 4 oz's OF SOY IN YOUR DIET DAILY?
Soy Milk instead of dairy milk
Soybeans/soy nuts (roasted soybeans)
Green Soybeans (boil & take pea out of the pod)
Tempeh (thicker than tofu with a meat-like texture)
1 cup soy milk, ice cubes, cinnamon Optional: 1/2 tsp carob powder.
37 MIRACLE FOODS FROM THE PACIFIC RIM (other low-fat, high-fiber foods many of which contain phytochemicals) Note: Japanese people live about 10 years longer than the average American because they eat so many low fat foods like soy and rice.
Some of these miracle foods include salmon, macular, halibut, albacore, sardines (water-packed) which lower heart disease rates.
Also, shitakae mushrooms (anti-cancer properties), bean sprouts, bok choy, eggplant(anti-oxidant properties), green tea ( can inhibit cancer growth), kumquats (good source of Vitamin C), lemongrass .
DR. MINDELL'S VITAMIN RECOMMENDATIONS
FOR GOOD HEALTH: (Earl's Pearls)
A good broad-spectrum Anti-Oxidant
Co-Q-10 100 mg.
Vitamin E 800 mg.
Selenium is a good anti-oxidant. It has been known to have anti-cancer properties, help better absorption of Vitamin E. It is found in onions, garlic, seafood and brown rice.
PREVENTION OF STROKE
Dr. Mindell's recommendations to prevent strokes:
* Vitamin E 400 units daily if under 40 years of age 800 units daily if 40 plus.
* Try to find d-alpha tocopherol succinate (dried) as it is better absorbed if you are over 40.
* Co Q-10: 100 mg daily. Strengthens the heart muscle
* Potassium: Lowers blood pressure. Found in bananas, tomatoes, cantaloupe. Low potassium can lead to heart spasms.
Tip:Celery contains a natural substance that helps lower blood pressure (BP)
Helen Pensanti M.D.
Research Info Archives
- 3 Major Health Problems
- 5 Ways to Lose Body Fat
- 7 Edible Weeds
- 7 Steps to Healing
- 10 Foods You Should NEVER EAT!!
- 10 Things You Must Do To Beat Breast Cancer Now
- 10 Ways to Increase Energy
- Age Spots
- Alzheimer's Prevention Plan
- Aloe Vera Freeze Dried Capsules and AloeVera Liquid Concentrate
- Anti-Aging Tips
- Anxiety and Stress
- Arteries Clean
- Baby Boomers and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Bacteria and Viral Infections
- Bananas are healthy!
- Beating Breast Cancer with Nutrition
- Belly Fat
- Beta Glucan
- Beauty of Mathematics
- Bio-Identical VS Synthetic Hormones
- Bladder Infection Help - Parsley Tea
- Blood Clots
- Breast Cancer Inducing Chemicals
- Breast Cancer Profile
- Breast Cancer and Synthetic Hormones
- Buying and Preparing Fresh Fish
- Cancer Prevention Tips - Stay Cancer Proof
- Cancer Protection List - Household Items to Avoid
- Chelation Therapy
- Clustered Water/Healthy Immune System
- Cold Sores
- Cortisol and Weight Loss
- Calories and Calore Counting
- Dark Spots On Bananas - Anti Cancer
- Date Rape Drug Information - GHB
- Dental Problems
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Diabetes Travel Tips
- Diseases Do Not Just Happen
- Dr Helen's 1200 Calorie Diet to lose 45 pounds in 3 months
- Eating Genetically Modified Fruits
- Eliminate "White Poison" From Your Diet
- Estrogen Found in Foods/Herbs/Drugs/Chemicals
- Estrogen Inhibiting Foods
- Fatigue and Loss of Energy
- Five Keys to Restoration
- Food Toxins
- Foot Health
- General Question About Natural Hormones
- Hair growth in unwanted places
- Hair Loss
- Headache Check Lists - Headache Symptoms and Headache Causes
- Healing properties of garlic and onions
- Healing / Water Clusters
- Health Updates
- Healthly Foods Chart for Bone Health
- Healthly Foods Chart
- Healthy Food List
- Healthy Living Recipe Options
- Heart Disease - #1 Cause of Death In America
- Heart Disease and Women - Estrogen does not benefit the heart.
- High Blood Pressure - Hypertension
- Highlights from Dr Abraham's interview at the 6th Annual Anti-Aging Conference
- Holiday Meals
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) linked to Hearing Loss
- Hormone Studies
- Inflammation Reduction
- Insomnia Information
- Keeping Your Liver Healthy
- Laser Vision Correction
- LeAine Dehmer Clinical Skincare Specialist Answers Your Questions
- Long Life and Aging
- Lose 45 Pounds In 3 Months
- Mamograms - Infrared Thermography
- Managing Lactose Intolerance
- Mascular Degeneration
- Men and Progesterone
- Men's Prostate Health
- Microbes in an overweight body are more efficient at extracting calories from food.
- Mind Boosters
- Natural Cancer Treatments
- Natural Progesterone and Blood Pressure/Inflammmation
- Non Toxic Hair Dyes
- Olive Leaf Extract
- Organic Dark Unprocessed Chocolate
- Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Health
- Osteoporosis Prevention
- Osteoporosis - Softening of the Bones
- Overcoming Anxiety and Depression without Drugs!
- Parasitic Infections
- Parkinson's Desease
- Prostate Cancer & PC Spes
- Purify your Home without Poisons Chemicals
- Red Clover; Health Benefits of Isoflavones
- Phosphatidylserine (PS)
- Potassium In The News
- Preserving Your Sight
- Progesterone - Calming Effects
- Progesterone and Breast Cancer Study
- Progesterone, can we use that name?
- Progesterone, does it build up in your fat cells?
- Progestin VS Natural Progesterone
- Phyto-Progesterone is now called Diosgenin
- Recommended Supplements for Anti-Aging
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Seasonal Allergies
- Secret Remedies
- Shaping Children's Eating Habits
- Signs of Estrogen Deficiency
- Signs of Estrogen Excess
- Signs of Progesterone Excess
- Sinus Problems
- Six Types of Mothers
- Soy Foods May Protect the Body from Cancer
- Symptoms of Low Thyroid
- Synthetic Hormones and Breast Cancer
- Testosterone - how women can increase or decrease Testosterone Levels
- Thinning Hair
- Tips for Traveler's Health
- Top Ten Reasons to Get Off Synthetic Hormones
- Toxic Shampoos
- Type II Diabetes - Insulin Resistance
- Vaginal Dryness - High In Oxalate Foods to Avoid
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin Bible and Healthy Tips
- Vitamin D - emphasizing the importance of supplementing with Vitamin D
- Vitamin E - may provide women with protection from breast cancer
- Vitamin K
- Ways to fit fiber in your diet
- Weight Loss
- Wellness Plan
- West Nile Virus
- What to look for in a Biological Dentist
- Why Natural Progesterone is better than Synthetic
- Women and Heart Disease
- Word... Water... Walk...
- Wyeth Pharmaceutical lies in study