Dr. William Kellas
Dr. Kellas has a Ph.D. in Nutritional Biochemistry and is the founder of the Center for Advanced Medicine in Encinitas, CA. He hosts a syndicated radio show and is the author of three books: Surviving the Toxic Crisis, Thriving in a Toxic World, and the Toxic Immune Syndrome Cookbook.
Only 30% of overweight people have high triglycerides; their bodies turn high sugar foods into fat. The other 70% have weight problems that area not related to triglycerides.
People hold weight (fat and water) to dilute the poisons in their body and protect themselves. There are several categories:
HEAVY METAL WEIGHT: Caused by a mineral imbalance. Metal toxicity forces the body's minerals out of balance. Mercury fillings can cause us to dump potassium from our kidneys. The kidneys will become painful (cramping) Other signs are anxiety, palpitations. These are signs of potassium deficiency. (The kidneys control potassium and calcium levels). "Brain fog" may develop. The body holds water and fills up with toxins. You may have insomnia, anxiety, twitching, cramping, tight muscles, shallow breathing. Possible causes: potassium deficiency, mercury fillings. You can take a potassium supplement, but you still need to deal with the root cause.
ALLERGIC REACTION TO FOODS: This is a histamine reaction. The body brings in water to dilute the poisons. Constipation occurs and holds protein in the body. The body will start to react to it.
WHIPLASH: Whiplash affects the vagus nerve. It can affect the ability to digest food properly.
INSULIN SWINGS: If you experience high/low insulin swings you may be low in chromium, vanadium, and B-1. You also need fiber, protein, and essential oils to achieve a long smooth "burn" with no peaks and valleys.
MERCURY/CADMIUM: These substances can suppress zinc. Zinc affects our sense of taste and smell. This affects our eating habits. Cigarette smoking also suppresses zinc.
SLEEP DISTURBANCE: If you are waking up in the middle of the night you may be low in Tyrosine, an important amino acid. It plays an important role in the functioning of the adrenal and thyroid glands.
If your adrenal glands are exhausted, you can take Tyrosine to get balanced. Suggested dosage: 500 mg. but do not take after 2:00
p.m. as it increases energy.
For jet lag: take tyrosine to increase energy when needed and melatonin to help induce sleep.
DR. KELLAS' WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM:
Objectives: moderate blood glucose and insulin levels, enhance the digestive process and maximize the absorption of nutrients and vitamins and minerals from food, promoting elimination.
Dr. Kellas suggests these important nutrients for promoting healthy and successful weight loss:
VICOPOL: has the ability to expand over 200 times its weight, creating a feeling of fullness and reducing food intake. It also binds fat reducing fat absorption from a meal, thereby decreasing total calorie absorption.
INULIN: evens out blood sugar
NOPAL: effective in moderating glucose and assisting the body in utilizing insulin better.
LECITHIN: aids the body in digesting fat
LACTOBACILLUS SPROGENES: effectively metabolizes cholesterol and its related bile acids, thus eliminating them from the body.
All of these ingredients act to moderate blood glucose and insulin levels, enhance the digestive process, maximize the absorption of nutrients , vitamins and minerals from food, promote elimination, reduce fat absorption from a meal, and reduce cravings.
DR KELLAS PUT HIS WIFE ON THIS PROGRAM AND REPORTS THAT SHE LOST 15 POUNDS THE 1ST MONTH AND 15 POUNDS THE 2ND MONTH WITHOUT CRAVINGS!
Helen Pensanti M.D.
Research Info Archives
- 3 Major Health Problems
- 5 Ways to Lose Body Fat
- 7 Edible Weeds
- 7 Steps to Healing
- 10 Foods You Should NEVER EAT!!
- 10 Things You Must Do To Beat Breast Cancer Now
- 10 Ways to Increase Energy
- Age Spots
- Alzheimer's Prevention Plan
- Aloe Vera Freeze Dried Capsules and AloeVera Liquid Concentrate
- Anti-Aging Tips
- Anxiety and Stress
- Arteries Clean
- Baby Boomers and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Bacteria and Viral Infections
- Bananas are healthy!
- Beating Breast Cancer with Nutrition
- Belly Fat
- Beta Glucan
- Beauty of Mathematics
- Bio-Identical VS Synthetic Hormones
- Bladder Infection Help - Parsley Tea
- Blood Clots
- Breast Cancer Inducing Chemicals
- Breast Cancer Profile
- Breast Cancer and Synthetic Hormones
- Buying and Preparing Fresh Fish
- Cancer Prevention Tips - Stay Cancer Proof
- Cancer Protection List - Household Items to Avoid
- Chelation Therapy
- Clustered Water/Healthy Immune System
- Cold Sores
- Cortisol and Weight Loss
- Calories and Calore Counting
- Dark Spots On Bananas - Anti Cancer
- Date Rape Drug Information - GHB
- Dental Problems
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Diabetes Travel Tips
- Diseases Do Not Just Happen
- Dr Helen's 1200 Calorie Diet to lose 45 pounds in 3 months
- Eating Genetically Modified Fruits
- Eliminate "White Poison" From Your Diet
- Estrogen Found in Foods/Herbs/Drugs/Chemicals
- Estrogen Inhibiting Foods
- Fatigue and Loss of Energy
- Five Keys to Restoration
- Food Toxins
- Foot Health
- General Question About Natural Hormones
- Hair growth in unwanted places
- Hair Loss
- Headache Check Lists - Headache Symptoms and Headache Causes
- Healing properties of garlic and onions
- Healing / Water Clusters
- Health Updates
- Healthly Foods Chart for Bone Health
- Healthly Foods Chart
- Healthy Food List
- Healthy Living Recipe Options
- Heart Disease - #1 Cause of Death In America
- Heart Disease and Women - Estrogen does not benefit the heart.
- High Blood Pressure - Hypertension
- Highlights from Dr Abraham's interview at the 6th Annual Anti-Aging Conference
- Holiday Meals
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) linked to Hearing Loss
- Hormone Studies
- Inflammation Reduction
- Insomnia Information
- Keeping Your Liver Healthy
- Laser Vision Correction
- LeAine Dehmer Clinical Skincare Specialist Answers Your Questions
- Long Life and Aging
- Lose 45 Pounds In 3 Months
- Mamograms - Infrared Thermography
- Managing Lactose Intolerance
- Mascular Degeneration
- Men and Progesterone
- Men's Prostate Health
- Microbes in an overweight body are more efficient at extracting calories from food.
- Mind Boosters
- Natural Cancer Treatments
- Natural Progesterone and Blood Pressure/Inflammmation
- Non Toxic Hair Dyes
- Olive Leaf Extract
- Organic Dark Unprocessed Chocolate
- Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Health
- Osteoporosis Prevention
- Osteoporosis - Softening of the Bones
- Overcoming Anxiety and Depression without Drugs!
- Parasitic Infections
- Parkinson's Desease
- Prostate Cancer & PC Spes
- Purify your Home without Poisons Chemicals
- Red Clover; Health Benefits of Isoflavones
- Phosphatidylserine (PS)
- Potassium In The News
- Preserving Your Sight
- Progesterone - Calming Effects
- Progesterone and Breast Cancer Study
- Progesterone, can we use that name?
- Progesterone, does it build up in your fat cells?
- Progestin VS Natural Progesterone
- Phyto-Progesterone is now called Diosgenin
- Recommended Supplements for Anti-Aging
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Seasonal Allergies
- Secret Remedies
- Shaping Children's Eating Habits
- Signs of Estrogen Deficiency
- Signs of Estrogen Excess
- Signs of Progesterone Excess
- Sinus Problems
- Six Types of Mothers
- Soy Foods May Protect the Body from Cancer
- Symptoms of Low Thyroid
- Synthetic Hormones and Breast Cancer
- Testosterone - how women can increase or decrease Testosterone Levels
- Thinning Hair
- Tips for Traveler's Health
- Top Ten Reasons to Get Off Synthetic Hormones
- Toxic Shampoos
- Type II Diabetes - Insulin Resistance
- Vaginal Dryness - High In Oxalate Foods to Avoid
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin Bible and Healthy Tips
- Vitamin D - emphasizing the importance of supplementing with Vitamin D
- Vitamin E - may provide women with protection from breast cancer
- Vitamin K
- Ways to fit fiber in your diet
- Weight Loss
- Wellness Plan
- West Nile Virus
- What to look for in a Biological Dentist
- Why Natural Progesterone is better than Synthetic
- Women and Heart Disease
- Word... Water... Walk...
- Wyeth Pharmaceutical lies in study